Saturday, March 7, 2009

Some thoughts

So I survived the first semester of Law School. I actually came out okay aside from the wicked breakout that always follows periods of intense stress. The more intense the stress, the more wicked the breakout. So you can imagine how I looked during Christmas when all the family gathered. Ugh.

Speaking of Christmas... It was great. I really enjoyed the time off from school and a chance to catch up with the family. Maybe in a couple years we can really get everyone, everyone together for a holiday. Or it might be time to start having family reunions. Hal does have two great-grandchildren and it looks like a couple more of the grandkids are moving toward marriage. Michelle's missionary comes home soon. Or he's already home. And JP is dating a girl. I get to see them a lot, too, and that's pretty fun. You know how some people just look cute together? Well, they're like that.

In other news, this semester is moving right along. Our appellate brief is due in about a week. I've got a rough draft about finished, just need to put some final touches on things. I'm especially in love with my withholding of removal argument. It's a bit weird because I'm arguing for the government when I ultimately would like to work for the immigrants, but I've enjoyed seeing things from another angle. It's confirmed to me that I want to work with people and in immigration law. Now I just need someone to give me a job.

No comments: