Monday, March 30, 2009

Round 1 Complete

I had my practice round on Friday and it actually went alright. I didn't completely choke and the judges gave me some fairly positive feedback about my knowledge of the law and of the cases. I was also told that I'm "charming" a rather nice compliment if you ask me.

My next round is this coming Friday. That one is graded and I'll be switching sides. Basically I was arguing that our hypothetical person Mesha Steele was not barred from seeking withholding of removal and this time I'll be arguing that she is. I have mixed feelings about that. I'm glad because that was the position that I argued in my brief, but unnerved because I have more experiencing arguing orally for Mesha. I'm basically afraid that I'll get mixed up when I'm speaking. But I'm sure that it'll turn out alright.

No comments: