Monday, December 15, 2008

Half Way

2 down, 2 to go. The first one, Civil Procedure, wasn't so bad. I'd done a lot of practice essays from a book called Examples and Explanations, so I was ready to discuss in personam jurisdiction, subject matter jurisdiction, service of process, venue and anything else the professor decided to put on the exam. Unfortunately, there were some things that we almost glossed over in class that were on there, like jurisdiction over corporations with internet sites. Ugh. What a mess. It's a developing area of the law, so no one really knows how to handle that situation. Especially a first-year law student. But I finished it with some time to spare and I felt like I identified and covered the issues reasonably well. But only time will tell how I really did.

The next one was Constitutional Law. What a disaster. I felt like I didn't have a deep enough grasp of the issues to discuss them really thoroughly and consequentially I don't feel like I did very well. And I got a bad case of heartburn in the middle of the exam. No more fruit snacks during tests for me. I'm sticking to straight water from here on out. Anyway, it's over now and I can concentrate on the next two, Torts and Contracts. Wish me luck!

No comments: